Saturday, July 12, 2008

Tagged by Leslie over at couture creatures:


The Rules: List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they’re not any good, but they must be songs you’re really enjoying now, shaping your summer. Post these instructions in your blog along with your 7 songs. Then tag 7 other people to see what they’re listening to.

I don't believe that I'll be as extensive with my explanations as I've seen other tagged persons are with their own list of favorites. As it is, I'm currently very much into the Korean music scene. While I do still listen to American/English songs, I've recently become more entrenched in the r&b-dance music that kpop consists of. As the rules state that the seven songs must 1)those I am currently enjoying, and 2)be shaping my summer, the majority of the songs i've chosen belong to this genre. I'm supposedly trying to learn how to dance more rhythmically this summer, so my coveting these types of songs are somewhat aiding me in the process. Enjoy!



1) AJOO ft Younha - Paparazzi MV


I didn't expect myself to like this song as much as I ended up to. It's one of those songs with beats and melodies that get caught in your head after replaying it a certain number of times. To be honest, though, I think AJOO in this video is more stalker-status than paparazzi. Younha's as lovely as ever.


2)
Battle ( 배틀) - Step by Step



Another one I didn't expect to enjoy as much as I do. Once again, it's due to the catchy beat and music that I found stuck in my head after listening to it. Only this time, instead of having to replay it over and over again before I began to like it, it only took one play before I was trying to find the mp3 for it over the internet. Not a group I would normally follow; I checked out their other songs and actually only find very few that I liked (another one, named Malhae, being one of them, although I don't like it enough to put it here).


3) Nsync - I Thought She Knew (acapella)



A return to the 90's! I loved this song when I was a wee-one. And I still do. Acapella groups, good ones at least, make me swoon so very easily. Nsync was my idol group when I was younger, and since I've been listening to their music since summer began, I believe that my current interest merits me putting my favorite song by them here.


4)
Lil Mama featuring Chris Brown & T-Pain - Shawty Get Loose



Yes, I know it's not the actual video. The sound quality on this one is much better than the music video version I've found on youtube. I guess you could say this is one of my guilty ear candies, a result of following America's Best Dance Crew. Chris Brown is very talented dancer, and a lot of his songs are quite catchy. I don't listen to Lil Mama normally; I can't understand anything that lady says, but I do commend her for her rap skills.


5) Lil Mama - Lip Gloss



Pointless-butt song, but once again, my favoring this song is yet another result of me watching Best Dance Crew and developing an inclination to catchy beats.


6) Shin Seung Hun - I Believe (My Sassy Girl OST)



I'm still caught up with this lovely, lovely song. My Sassy Girl is one of the nicest Korean drama movies I've watched out of the pile that I have seen. Leslie can testify for me that this song carries a certain feeling with it after you've finished watching the film. :3


7) The Classic - The Magic Castle



I adore this song. It's such a popular song even today, even though it was made during the 90's. Popular idol groups nowadays, such as Dong Bang Shin Ki (DBSK; their cover is probably the most well-known), cover this song many, many times. But of course, I adore the original. One of the very few songs I'm actually encouraged to learn by heart.



And that's it for my list! I have more mainstream tastes, I know, but I guess that's just the way i like it. :3

I can't really tag anyone atm, as I don't know anyone yet, buuuut... I'll probably put this on livejournal sooner or later, so I'll tag on there. :D

1 comment:

L said...

I LOVE I BELIEVE.