Saturday, July 5, 2008

Lake Chabot

My parents felt festive after yesterday's party, so we decided to head on over to Lake Chabot in Oakland, California. I love being outside, no matter how man-made the area is. Sitting or laying on the grass in a quiet area and just enjoying the air is such a nice experience. Anyways, my family and I weren't planning on doing any rigorous exercise or anything particularly strenuous, just sight-seeing, really. Due to the sunny, 81-degree weather outside, I decided to don a blue and white stripped t-shirt with a navy blue camisole, a skirt I bought... somewhere several years ago (and it still reaches down to the middle of my calves; I haven't grown at all. :|). I wanted to wear this white knit from Forever 21 over everything, but decided that it was too hot, so removed it in the end.



Here are some pictures I took at Lake Chabot. It's not much, but it was a such a clear day:

These were some really friendly ducks. I sat down by the water's edge and they came over to me, probably to see if I had any food.
Although this appears to be mud, they're actually just wet rocks. The water turned out a lot more clear on camera than in actuality, where the water was a dirty greenish blue. I'm also surprised to note that the tiny rocks in the water look like pennies or sequins, which in turn reminds me of wishing wells.

No comments: