Saturday, July 5, 2008

Safari Comfort


*Warning - My camera sucks. D:*

Today, my family and I headed down to San Jose, CA for a July 4th barbecue at my cousins' home. Like always, there was a lot of food and a lot of video games and familial bonding. They had recently gotten the Wii and the game Rock Band, on which I was rockin' away on the guitar for more or less the entire time I was there. As with previous parties with my family, I always aim to simply be comfortable, settling on a safari-styled shirt and belt from Forever 21, a pair of brown cargo shorts, and my pair of brown timberland flip-flops.

Funny story about the shorts; they were originally $17, but I got them at the amazing price of... wait, what price? Apparently, the cashier at Vanity Fair (where I had picked these up) had forgotten to include them in the total amount and had simply bagged the article, which I later found out at home. Being that the place I got it from is a good 3 hours away form where I live, I decided to put my conscious aside and allow myself this small gift.


This shirt was love when I picked it up. My preferences for clothing lean towards either angular and/or linear pieces, or casual lazy wear (i.e. funky, baggy t-shirts). In some cases, I guess one could call my preferences more masculine than the average girl.

No comments: